Friday 19 June 2020

Waterloo Photoshoot

I wasn't able to play a 54mm Waterloo game like I did last year, so I decided to pull out some recently acquired Napoleonic figures and set them up in a  little diorama. I have been adding to my collection of Prussians, so that I can do Waterloo properly, and I have been reading up on the desperate battle of Plancenoit and so I figured I'd use that as subject for my set up. I made some tombstones out of balsa wood and used my church converted from a craft store bird house to represent the churchyard at Plancenoit. The scene is set for the last stand of the Old Guard around 8:00 PM. Thanks to Adobe PhotoShop, I was able to add the fiery sky and the appropriate tint.





1 comment:

  1. This looks great Nick, especially the final, 'money shot'.
    I really like your use of all the available figures too. I have a similar aim, quite a way behind you though!

    ReplyDelete