Sunday 11 October 2020

Boxer Rebellion Game in 54mm

 I ran a Boxer Rebellion game in 54mm at my local club yesterday using the classic Sword and the Flame rules. I can't vouch for the authenticity of the architecture. I relied heavily on aquarium scenery for the Asian look. The Legations were defended by Russians, French, Royal Marine Light Infantry, Austrians and US Marines. There was a unit of Marines on the Tartar Wall as well. The Boxers arrived in stages so they could not simply steamroll over the defenses. The Europeans were able to hold off the Boxer attacks, but had mounting sniper casualties. The game ended when the final all out Boxer assault was stopped at the barricades. 







 

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!, the table looks great. I bet it was a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick, BRAVO! You keep surprising with great setups of exotic scenes. Indeed the aquarium scenery just gives the flavor of the movies. Enjoying the pics.Also happy you keep on posting on the blog, now there is almost no activity on our side. I receid some pics of Gilbert, I will post later today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments. I hope my games inspire others to collect and play in the Grand Scale of 54mm! So far, there are only two of us in my club in Silicon Valley who do.

    ReplyDelete