Monday 9 September 2024

54mm battle, 1815, French vs Prussians 20240905

Steven and me (Dirk) played a 1815 battle.
The Prussians deffended 3 bridges over a fordable  rivulet to delay the French pursuit of the main korps.
My plan was to pin as much as possible the Prussians on my left and concentrated the artillery fire on the enemy on my right. Then follewed with punch through the weaker Prussians left flank.

Steven's plan was to turn my left flank and concentrated his best units on his far right flank.


His command dicing was poor the whole game, and mine extremely good,  which mend Steven had only enough orders to respond to my moves in the centre, and his strong right was blocked and useless.


Steven lost very quickly his skirmish units and medium battery.
He tried to stabelize the situation with charges, which indeed slowed me down and heavy losses on both  sides.
Steven commited his cavalry against my dragoons covering my exteme left flank.
As my remaining skimish unit had no longer opposition of cavalry or skirmishes, they could operate freely against Stevens infantry lines, giving me the opportunity to regroup and inflect the final blow.

A much injoyed game.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment