Friday 23 August 2019

Saga game 22/08/2019


Clubmember Luc paid me a visit yesterday, for a game of Saga.
never ahve played it so it was an introduction to me.

We played two games of Late Romans against Vikings.
 I took the Viking amry

The strong Roman Equites unit (8 figures - guards!) opend the fight with a charge on one of my warrior units.  My unit was halved but inflicted two losses. I moved my berserker towards the Equites, but the latter retreated.





The berserkers

The Equites

The female warrior group faced the legionair bowmen and artillery , the romans idn't hesitate to kill part of the women.


The Equites finally did charge my Berserkers, and with very lucky dicing, the Berserkers all but destoyed the Euiqtes, only one of the latter remaining.



When the Berserkers also killed the Roman commander, the game was over.



In a second, smaller game, the battle started with the Berserkers and Equites eliminating each other. The Roman legionary bowmen were very effective , combined with the other Roman infantry making charges.

One warrior unit destroyed, the other one onl two figues remaining


Even with my commander killing the Roman general, The one remaing warrior unit was not enough to contine the fight. Roman victory


The Saga games were fun, but not really my "cup of tea" .  
A bit to much things to think about.
A hand to hand combat sometimes takes a lot of time to calculate the number of dice or  the die value that will lead to inflicting losses. Of course that is also due to the novice level of the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment