Monday 8 February 2021

MUSTERING: On the search for Airfix and Del Prado 1/32 Bengal Lancers

 For my further colonial adventures I want to raise a unit of Skinner’s Horse (Bengal Lancers).

I’ve tried several options in vain to obtain these. Now this search leads to this blog again, where I was lucky earlier on. 

Build, unbuild and (not too..) damaged ones are welcome. As are the parts from the sets. I hope to trade for mutual interesting items.




A first recruit arrived earlier this week.... thanks, N.



Greetz from Marcel


9 comments:

  1. You might consider trying Armies In Plastic’s figures: https://www.armiesinplastic.com/northwest-frontier-northwest-frontier-indian-army-cavalry-28th-light-cavalry.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestion Tim! On EBAY these run $30-$40 for one figure! AIP Indian cavalry figures are $10 for a box of five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A welcome idea gentlemen. AIP should do the trick when involved in the thick of it. Still I hope to acquire at least a handfull of the Airfix guys. They show off in an other way, if need to be even in reserve, as a distant threat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AIP are easy to paint and excellent figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prince August (Ireland) still sell / do two home cast moulds 54mm - would these be easier to source than rare Airfix ones?
    https://shop.princeaugust.ie/pa809-1-54mm-30th-royal-lancer-moulds/
    https://shop.princeaugust.ie/pa809-2-54mm-30th-royal-lancers-moulds/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcel is very particular about his toys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I guess I am once in a while. Are not we all. No problem facing that. Greetz, M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That'a a find building and figure. I'll look forward to watching your progress with this project. I have lots of Armies in Plastic figures for Napoleonics and they are excellent.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read my update note, posted April 3 2021.

    ReplyDelete